Once winter has come to an end and spring has made its presence known, the list of spring cleaning tasks many homeowners need to perform can be lengthy and varied. A good spring cleaning is essential to making your home look, smell and feel both clean and fresh. However, if you used your wood burning stove or your fireplace regularly during the cold weather months, then rest assured your chimney is more than likely the dirtiest part of your home and is surely in need of a thorough chimney sweep and cleaning.
With that said, the highly skilled and experienced technicians here at All Year Chimney Sweeps & Repair are on hand to address all your chimney cleaning needs. Without a thorough chimney sweep and cleaning your home is apt to feel and even smell musty and dirty once the warmer weather arrives. With this thought in mind, our expert team has prepared this helpful list of spring cleaning tasks every homeowner should perform and want to share with you the importance of having your chimney cleaned by our expert team.
Spring Cleaning Tasks That are a Must Do for Every Homeowner
- Start with a thorough dusting of your home’s interior. From bookshelves, books and furniture to woodwork, ceiling fans and window casings, be sure to dust it all once spring arrives.
- Take time out to reseal the grout lines between your floor tiles
- Wipe down all the walls and ceilings in your home and, if necessary, use a gentle degreaser
- Vacuum and shampoo the carpets and throw rugs
- Wash all the window screens
- Polish door and window hardware
- Wax your non-wood floors and wood furniture pieces
- Take down and dry clean all your window curtains and draperies
- Be sure to schedule your chimney sweep and cleaning.
Spring cleaning certainly entails a whole lot of time and work which is why the professionals here at All Year Chimney Sweeps & Repair suggest you leave all your chimney cleaning to our professionals. A chimney cleaning is a very dirty task and even a dangerous one. With that said, we want to share some reasons why hiring our professionals to clean your chimney is the perfect solution for you.
- First and foremost, there is a potential risk of injury to you or other family members. A sufficient chimney cleaning requires someone to climb on top of the roof to accomplish the task. Falls, whether from the roof itself or ladders, are a very common occurrence and can result in serious injuries. Hiring our professionals to perform your chimney sweep and cleaning alleviates the chance of injuries all together on your part.
- Next, creosote and soot can cause chemical exposure to individuals. These substances need to be removed from the chimney during its cleaning process since they are both toxic. And can cause risk to individuals who suffer with lung disorders or any type should they become exposed. Our professionals are equipped to handle the job, and handle it safely.
- Further, a professional chimney sweep prevents harmful toxins from making their way into your living space. When a chimney flue is cleaned a variety of toxins are released. Having the proper equipment and know-how ensures that harmful particles will not move from your chimney flue to your indoor living space. Here at All Year Chimney Sweeps & Repair we utilize a specialized soot vacuum that is designed specifically for the removal of these particles and all without compromising your furniture and carpeting, your indoor air quality or your family.
- Finally, a professional chimney sweep leaves your home and family protected from any possibilities of chimney fires and from unpleasant odors that are the result of creosote and soot build-up.
We hope you found this information helpful and will reach out to our friendly, professional technicians here at All Year Chimney Sweeps & Repair for all your chimney needs. We look forward to serving you and to providing you with the most reliable and effective chimney cleaning services this side of Nashville. Spring is here and summer right around the corner so take time out today to schedule your chimney sweep.